The Need of Summer Internships for Freshers
An academic course is never complete without industrial exposure, and that is perhaps why most professional courses have a mandatory internship in the middle or the end of the program. These internships help the fledgling student to understand how the industry functions and what it takes to be an independent employee, consultant or a professional in the chosen field. When it comes to management courses, these internships and on the job training become all the more important, because of the nature of the work that is involved. There are certain theories that go behind internships and on the job training.
Why Are Summer Internships Valued?
First of all, institutions have begun to understand that a student's employability increases depending on the nature of internship that he or she takes up. Secondly, if the course does not allow it, freshers usually can find internships in most of the big corporations today. In fact, summer internships are offered by most companies in order to help budding professionals to get a taste of what it is like to work in a corporate environment. Interns sometimes continue to get hired by the companies that they work for, and that can add up to valuable career advances.
Let us take a look at some of the most important reasons why summer internships must be undertaken by students, freshers and budding professionals.
· Knowledge: Apart from what is learned in the classroom, a student or a fresher has a lot to learn in the actual industrial environment. Internships provide practical exposure to students. Moreover, what is learned in the classroom can be applied during an internship. Thus, students learn to apply knowledge that is learned.
· Insight: Freshers gain a lot of insight when they work as interns. They provide freshers with real-world experience when they are still beginning their careers. It looks really impressive in portfolios and resumes to mention the insight they gained during summer internships.
· Career Choices: Summer internships also help freshers to decide if a chosen subject or career path is right for them. If they do not like the kind of work they do during the internship, they can choose to do something of their own calling.
· Employment: interns also get recruited by the company, if their performance is impressive during their training. Summer internships can lead to full time jobs in the same company.
· Network Building: In today's world, there is nothing more important than networking and building social and professional contacts. When a person engages in summer internships, he can build valuable contacts in the desired profession.
· References: Internships can serve to provide references to future employers. When interns apply for jobs elsewhere, supervisors at the place of internship can provide useful references about the person's abilities.
· Valuable Relationships: Internship is the period when a fresher can develop lifelong friendships and relationships that are built on shared experiences, dreams and hopes.
· Stipend: Though many students desire it, stipends do not matter much. It is the experience gained that counts more than anything else.
Conscript has trained and helped a number of freshers and interns to gain valuable knowledge during their summer internships.